Chalkwell Auctions holds two regular auctions per month plus a number of additional sales as required. You can find more information about Auction dates and viewing days in our calendar. Catalogues are usually posted on the Saturday before an auction. We are always very happy to answer any condition reports or any further questions that might arise about items in the sale or, indeed any other matter.
We try to make the process of bidding at auction as easy and flexible as possible. Therefore along with the traditional bidding in person during the auction, we do offer our buyers further options in case they are not able to attend the auction.
We offer customers the possibility to bid on-line through our own live bidding platform and our Chalkwell Auctions Ltd App. These platforms offer buyers the opportunity of connecting directly with the audio of the simultaneous physical auction and bid live via computers, smart phones or tablets from anywhere in the world.
If you wish to bid on-line you will need to register here. Customers can connect to the live on-line auction when the auction starts and follow it, but buyers need to register if they wish to bid. Chalkwell Auction’s on-line platform also offers the possibility of leaving an on-line absentee bid, in which case you should register the maximum amount you wish to pay for an item and the system will automatically bid on your behalf when your lots come up for sale.
If you are unable to come on the day of the auction, then you may wish to place a commission bid. This allows you to put forward the maximum amount you are willing to pay for an item. In this case a member of our staff will bid on your behalf during the auction up to the maximum amount you have left on your commission bid. Commission bids can be left in person or arranged by phone or email. Please note that debit/credit cards are usually required for this to be progressed.
Another option to participate in the bidding is to do so over the telephone. You can book a telephone bid on the lots you are interested in and a member of staff will phone you a few lots before the item you wish to bid on comes to auction. They will place bids on your behalf, until you have won the lot or decide not to continue bidding.
Please note that Chalkwell Auctions is not responsible in the case that we are unable to contact you when your lot comes up for sale. Therefore we advise that customers leave a Commission bid to cover their bidding in the event that we are not able to contact you.
Telephone bids can be left in person, arranged by phone or email but since there is a practical limit to the number of telephone calls that we can execute for any particular lot, these are accepted on a first come basis.
Our Buyer’s Premium is 20% on the hammer price plus VAT at the current rate. Please note that there is an additional on-line fee of a 2% commission on top of the Buyer’s Premium when bidding through any of Chalkwell Auctions Ltd platforms. By bidding in auction you are contracting to pay both the hammer price (the price at which the auctioneer brings down the hammer) and an the additional buyer’s premium, together with any other applicable fees and taxes.
Large items must be collected within a week of the sale. We offer two week courtesy free of charge storage for smaller items purchased but all lots not collected within 14 days from the day of auction will be subject to a storage fee starting from £5 to £20 plus VAT per week.
In an effort to help our customers we do offer an “in house” packing and forwarding service. This service only applies to small and non particularly fragile items. We advise that costumers verify whether we can arrange postage for the lots they are interested in by email or telephone before bidding. If we are unable to arrange in house postage and packing we have a number of couriers on file we can recommend.
We will only send goods to the registered card address and we do not allow collection via third party couriers unless prior authorisation has been given. Please note that every effort is made to arrange shipping quickly and safely but Chalkwell Auctions Ltd. accepts no responsibility for delay or damage to goods in this process. Purchasers should also seek a form of insurance for all items to cover loss or damage in transit.
1. For the purpose of this sale the Auctioneers shall be deemed to be agents for both the vendor and purchaser and shall not be considered or held responsible for any fault on the part of either the vendor or the purchaser.
2. The highest bidder will be the purchaser. No person shall retract a bid and the advance on each lot shall be determined by the Auctioneer. Bids made after the hammer has fallen will not be accepted either in the room or on the internet except at the auctioneer’s discretion if a reserve has not been met. The Auctioneer reserves the right to determine the identity of the successful bidder or re-offer any lot either during the sale or at a later date at his discretion in the event of any dispute. The Auctioneer’s decision in this matter is final.
3. Bidding in an auction creates a contract between the successful purchaser and the Auctioneer/vendors the conclusion of which is the payment of the purchaser’s account. Failure to pay such an account is a criminal offence and may result in prosecution or court action for recovery. It may also result in bidders being banned from future sales and that ban may be visible to other auction houses.
4. Whilst every care is taken to ensure accuracy concerning authorship, origin, age, condition etc., all statements represent the opinion of the Auctioneers or the vendor and are not to be taken as facts. In all cases the prospective purchaser must satisfy himself in these respects prior to bidding as the Auctioneers will not be held responsible for any descriptions and make no warranty whatsoever.
i. Condition reports are available by email or telephone but all information given is based upon the observations and opinion of the person completing the report and/or upon details supplied by the vendor and does not constitute a definitive statement. Neither the Auctioneers nor the vendor will be held responsible for the accuracy of such information.
ii. It is always advisable to view items personally to establish your own opinions as to condition and authenticity and if it is not possible to do so the purchaser must accept full responsibility for bids made and the decision made as to the value of an item. Any Estimates are given as guidance, and should not be taken as definitive statements as the value or condition of the lot.
5. Any lot purchased by a buyer in the room or on the internet, whether for himself or as agent for another, is sold subject to any faults or errors of description and no claim shall be made against the Auctioneers or the vendor.
6. All lots are subject to a 20 % buyer’s premium plus VAT at the current rate. Credit cards and Mastercards issued in the UK or any other country in the EU are no longer accepted as payment method. Credit cards and Mastercards issued outside the EU will be accepted as payment method but they will incur in a 2.4% surcharge. High value items might be requested to be paid by bank transfer only. Please ensure that you are able to pay with a suitable payment method before registering for bidding.
7. Online Bidding :
i. Lots purchased online via www.chalkwellauctions.co.uk or any of Chalkwell Auctions Ltd related Apps will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 2% of the hammer price plus VAT at the current rate. In bidding through any of Chalkwell Auctions Ltd online bidding platforms you:
a) authorise Chalkwell Auctions Ltd., if they so wish, to charge the card given in part or full payment including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via any Chankwell Auctions Ltd online bidding platforms. And
b) confirm that you are authorised to provide those card details to Chalkwell Auctions Ltd. and agree that Chalkwell Auctions Ltd. are entitled to permit the shipping of the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
ii. Lots purchased online via the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 5% of the hammer price plus VAT at the current rate.
In completing the bidder registration form on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit/debit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Chalkwell Auctions Ltd you:
a) authorise Chalkwell Auctions Ltd., if they so wish, to charge the card given in part or full payment including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com. And
b) confirm that you are authorised to provide those card details to Chalkwell Auctions Ltd. throughwww.the-saleroom.com and agree that Chalkwell Auctions Ltd. are entitled to permit the shipping of the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
8. All goods must be cleared immediately after the sale has finished or arrangements made with the Auctioneers for later collection. Full payment for all purchases must be made before any items leave the saleroom.
i. PLEASE NOTE: Whilst Chalkwell Auctions Ltd. will make every effort to help with items purchased by buyers outside the area we DO NOT have the facilities for packing or shipping larger items. Purchasers will need to make their own arrangements in this respect and should satisfy themselves before bidding that this is possible and at an acceptable price.
ii. In an effort to help online buyers Chalkwell Auctions Ltd. offers an “in house” packing and forwarding service but prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves that such service will be available for the items they may purchase and obtain an approximate cost of packing and shipping. Every effort is made to do so quickly and safely but Chalkwell Auctions Ltd. accepts no responsibility for delay or damage to goods in this process. Purchasers should also seek a form of insurance for all items to cover loss or damage in transit.
iii. Goods will NOT be dispatched to an address other than that of the cardholder without proof of a link between the registered purchaser and the alternative address.
9. Purchasers may not collect their own lots and should seek the assistance of a porter once they have paid for their goods and a valid receipt has been obtained.
10. Neither the Auctioneers nor the vendors shall be responsible for any loss, damage or injury occasioned to or sustained by any person on the premises before, during or after the sale no matter how the same may arise.
11. Goods not removed immediately will need to be moved by the Auctioneers to a storage area. The Auctioneers accept no responsibility for any damage which may occur as a result. The Auctioneers also reserve the right to make transport and/or storage charges at their discretion. To avoid this purchaser’s should ensure they have transport facilities arranged for the items purchased.
i. All lots not collected within 14 days from the day of auction will be subject to a storage fee starting from £5 to £20 plus VAT per week.
ii. All lots not paid or collected after 4 months will be re-auctioned at no reserve price in order to cover storage and administration costs.
12. By bidding in any lot it shall be deemed that the purchaser has read and understood these conditions and agree to be bound by them. Please tick the relevant box to confirm this before you will be permitted to bid.